Decorating cookies is a fun and creative pastime. It can be as relaxing as coloring in a coloring book or drawing, to the thrill of having your imagination run away with you with family & friends.
Your Sweet Dey Sugar Cookies are your blank canvas to create anything that you can imagine. Below we've added a few helpful tips and photos to help you get the most out of your cookie decorating kit.
Have fun and enjoy!
1. Your icing is called Royal Icing. It dries fairly fast, so if you make swirl designs you'll have to move fast! If you don’t, then the icing will start to crust over and become harder to work with.
2. Make the flow of your icing wider by cutting a wider opening at the tip of your icing bag and applying heavier pressure to the back as you squeeze.
3. Keep icing bags refrigerated while not in use to help minimize color separation in the bags. Separation is normal so remember to always massage icing in bags before each use.
4. Icing dries with air exposure and will crust within minutes. Wipe tips of piping bags between uses if tips are dried.
5. If you want to layer an icing color on top of another you’ll need to let the bottom color dry first. This usually takes between 5 to 10 mins.
6. If you want to add sprinkles but the icing is already hard, then just use wet icing as glue and add a dab where you want your sprinkle(s) to go.
7. Toothpicks are your best friend! Use a toothpick to drag through more than one color of wet icing to create cool designs. Similar to the hearts in the photo below.
8. Cookies can be left out overnight to completely dry or eaten right away.
I hope you have fun getting creative with your new cookie kit.
Please feel free to message me if you have any questions. I love helping!
Share your masterpiece with me on Facebook and/or Instagram with #sweetdeysprinkles